So coming up in mid February is The Local Taphouse Great SpecTAPular for 2011 and having seen the line up it certainly does cause a great deal of excitement and anticipation.
Without further ado, here is the lineup.
Original Fassbier – Kellerbier matured on roasted oak chips (Last Drop, WA, 4.6%)
* Cucumber Sandwich – Summer Ale (Mountain Goat, VIC, 4.2%)
* Kriek Berliner Weisse served through morello cherries (Wig & Pen, ACT, 4.3%)
* Organic Blueberry Hefeweizen (Otway Estate, VIC, 5%)
* Belgian Raspberry Wit (Kooinda, VIC, 5.5%)
* Anzac Bickies – Oats, coconut and vanilla ale (Burleigh Brewing, QLD, 5%)
* Red Relief (Stone & Wood, NSW, 4.7%)
* Cherry Bomb – Cherry and coconut porter (True South, VIC, 5%)
* Quince Ale (Lobethal and Brew Boys Collaboration, SA, 5.6%)
* Zephyr – Double White Ale (Doctors Orders Brewing, NSW, 5.6%)
* Chocolate Chilli Porter (Hunter, NSW, 5.8%)
* 2 Hills Maibock (Collaboration between Hargreaves Hill and Red Hill Breweries, VIC, 6.8%)
* Wee Heavy (4 Pines, 7.8%)
* Rye IPA (Mash, WA)
* Karma Citra – Black IPA showcasing the Citra hop (Feral, WA, 5.9%)
* Lemon Myrtle IPA (Jamieson, VIC, 7%)
* The Secret Romance of Herman van Rompuy and Cherry Poppens – Belgian style Flanders red (Moondog, VIC, 7.3%)
* The Empress – Imperial Mocha Porter (Holgate, VIC, 10%)
* Big Red Rocket – Imperial Red Ale (Bridge Road, VIC, 9%)
* Imperious – Imperial Belgian Blond Ale (Murrays, NSW, 11%)
Salivating? Yes, I am as well.
The only news to slightly bring this down is the news that Moon Dog have withdrawn their entry from the event as when they sampled the finished product they didn't feel that it was as outstanding and unchartered as they had envisioned which is disappointing for fans of the brewery (as I most certainly am) but it does make you feel like they are in this for the right reasons.
We know the next release they concoct will be a really special one.
This aside, I'm extremely excited by this event and Saturday the 12th of February can't come quickly enough.
You can be sure there will be a post shortly after the event.